This easy, tasty snack can be put together in a flash. It's perfect for picnic meals and kids lunchboxes.
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1/2 cup Mint-Coriander Chutney (see recipe below)
- 2 large potatoes boiled, peeled and sliced thick
- 1 medium-sized cucmber sliced thin
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes sliced thin
- 1 large beetroot boiled, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large onion sliced very thin (optional)
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala (available in most Indian grocery stores)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Lay all the slices of bread on a cutting board and butter well.
- Now spread a generous quantity of Mint-Coriander Chutney on each slice to cover entire slice.
- Layer all the above veggies in desired quatities and combinations. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Also sprinkle a pinch of Chaat Masala on the veggies.
- Cover with the top slice.
- You can trim edges. I like to leave them on.
- This sandwich tastes equally good toasted or not.
- Cut in half and serve.