The Mango Pickle Sandwich is testimony to the fact that just like many other foods adopted and adapted by Indian cuisine, the sandwich too has taken on Indian flavors- like Mango Pickle! Here a recipe for a yummy mid-day snack!
- 4 slices of a sandwich bread of your choice
- 4 tbsps Mango Pickle (you can use store-bought Mango Pickle or see recipe below)
- 2 slices cheese (the pre-packaged kind!)
- 1 cucumber cut into thin slices
- A few leaves of cos lettuce (washed and torn into pieces the size of the bread)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay the slices of bread on a clean cutting board and butter the surfaces.
- Now spread a generous layer of Mango Pickle - finely chop any large mango pieces before spreading - on the slices of bread.
- Add cheese slices and layers of cos lettuce and cucumber on the bread as per preference.
- Top with another buttered slice. Trim edges if preferred. Toast/ grill if desired.
- Cut into half and serve.