Make this crispy, crunchy snack ahead of time and store in an air-tight container. It's perfect for times when you have an attack of the munchies.
- 1 cup sago
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts without skins
- 1/2 cup almonds/cashews
- 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup potato sticks (available at most supermarkets in the Snack section)
- 5 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp lemon salt
- 2 tsps sugar coarsely powdered
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil to deep fry
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- Carefully add a little sago to this oil (it can splutter quite violently so be careful!) and fry till it is all puffed. Remove while still white. Drain on paper towels. Repeat till all sago is fried.
- Fry the peanuts, almonds/cashews till golden. Fry the green chillies till crsip. Drain all on paper towels.
- Mix all the ingredients together well. Allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Chivda goes well with a hot cup of Masala Chai (spiced tea)!