A scrumptious, easy to cook snack, Bharvaan Papad Ke Pakode is great for serving with a hot cup of tea! This recipe makes 10 pakodas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 250 gms paneer
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsps chopped, fresh green coriander
- Salt to taste
- 10 papads/ poppadums
- Vegetable/ sunflower/ canola cooking oil to deep fry the pakodas
- Mash the paneer in a deep bowl, with a fork till smooth.
- Add all the powdered spices, grated ginger, coriander and salt to taste and mix till all the ingredients are well combined. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Soften the papads either by laying them out on a flat, clean surface and spraying them with water or by briefly soaking them (for 10 seconds each) in a bowl of water, to soften them.
- When softened, pat off excess water with paper towels and place them on a flat, clean surface.
- Begin to heat the cooking oil for deep frying. Heat to a temperature suitable for French fries (between 325°F and 400°F)
- Put a portion of the above paneer mixture on the centre of each papad. Fold the 'top' and 'bottom' edges of each papad over the mixture to prevent it from pouring out and then form a roll. this should seal the paneer mixture in. Spear with a toothpick to ensure the roll does not open while frying. Do this for all the papads.
- If the cooking oil is hot enough, deep fry the Bharvaan Papad Pakodas till each one is pale golden in color. Drain with a slotted spoon and on paper towels (to soak off any excess oil) and serve immediately with a Mint-Coriander Chutney!