From the state of Maharashtra in western India, this popular dish is traditionally spicy but you can adjust the heat to your tastebuds. Serve it with plain boiled rice or hot chapatis (Indan flatbread).
Prep Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1 " pieces
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 cup green peppers cut into 1" squares
- 1 cup carrots cut into thin slices
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- 2 dry red chillies roasted lightly and ground coarsely
- 6 tbsps grated dessicated coconut roasted lightly
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped corainder leaves to garnish
- Put all the vegetables, yogurt, ginger and garlic pastes in a large bowl and mix till the vegetables are fully coated. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till soft.
- Add the garam masala, dry red chilli powder, dessicated coconut and mix well. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the marinated vegetables and juices and mix well. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook till vegetables are softer but still slightly crisp and turn off fire.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread).