This easy-to-make potato dish tastes great as a filling in Dosas (crispy rice batter pancakes) or eaten with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).
- 6 large potatoes cut into halves and then sliced thinly
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add the mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the onions and fry till soft.
- Add the potatoes, tumeric powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till potato is done.
- Serve with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).