This simple dish can be made ahead of time and grilled quickly when you're ready to eat. It also makes a great appetizer. The recipe makes 6 kababs.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 30 cubes of paneer (cottage cheese)
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 3 green bell peppers cut into 2" squares
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds roasted and coarsely ground
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon to garnish
- Mix the yogurt with the coriander, cumin, chilli and tumeric powders and garlic paste. Add salt to taste. Whisk to get a smooth paste.
- Add the cubes of paneer to this paste and coat well. Allow to marinate for several hours.
- On wooden barbecue skewers, alternate cubes of paneer with the cherry tomatoes and green bell peppers squares.
- Grill on a barbecue or in the oven until the vegetables are soft as per your liking.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and serve.