Want a tasty, wholesome meal you can cook in really quickly? Try Mutter Mushroom Ki Subzi. Once your ingredients are prepared, it literally takes a few minutes to cook!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 500 gms button mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan, on a medium flame. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the garlic and fry till pale golden. Now add the onions and fry till soft.
- Add the peas and mushrooms and the powdered spices. Add salt to taste and cook till the mushrooms begin to give off their juices. Stir occasionally. Turn off fire.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) or Parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).