Yummy, very healthy and made in a jiffy! This is my Aunt's recipe for Moong Bean Salad and it's a great snack or meal for when you're on a diet. I usually eat it with chilled yogurt.
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 medium onion chopped very fine
- 2 large tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 tbsps grated ginger
- 1 green chilli chopped fine (optional)
- 1 cup sprouted Moong beans
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 2 tsps lemon/ lime juice
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. When hot, add the onions and fry till soft. Now add the tomatoes, ginger and green chilli. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the moong beans, all the powdered spices. Season with salt to taste. Stir well and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and lemon/ lime juice. Serve topped with 2-3 tbsps chilled unsweetened yogurt.