Team this dish with plain boiled rice or hot chapatis (Indian flatbread).
- 1/2 kg cauliflower florets
- 250 gms fenugreek leaves stalks removed
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 3 large tomatoes chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Mix the yoghurt, ginger and garlic pastes and all the spices well.
- Add the cauliflower florets to this mixture and marinate for an hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, add the onions and fry till soft.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Add the cauliflower and yogurt marinade and mix well.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Cook till the cauliflower is done (but not too soft), stirring occassionally.
- Turn off the fire, garnish with the lime juice and chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain boiled rice or Chapatis (Indian flatbread).