Serve Bharvaan Bhindi as the perfect crunchy accompaniment to plain boiled rice and a Daal (lentil dish) of your choice.
- 500 gms baby okra
- 5 tbsps coriander powder
- 3 tbsps cumin powder
- 1 tbsp raw mango powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsps vegetable/canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
- Wash the okra and pat dry with a clean cloth. Make a partial lengthwise slit (like a pocket) in each okra (such that it does not completely open up).
- Mix all the spices, salt to taste. Add enough cooking oil and mix well to form a thick paste.
- Stuff the slit in each okra with a little bit of this paste. Lay the stuffed okra in a plate to form a single layer.
- Sprinkle the stuffed okra with the cornflour and then roll around to coat well.
- Heat the cooking oil for frying, in a deep pan on a medium flame. When hot, add the okra and fry till crisp. Drain and remove from oil.
- Serve immediately with plain boiled rice and a Daal (lentil dish) of your choice.