Baigun Bhaja (fried eggplant) from the state of West Bengal is a great side dish for any meal. You won't believe how easy it is to make!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil to shallow fry
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2" thick circular slices.
- In a large flat dish, mix the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with a little water to make a medium-thick paste.
- Coat the eggplant slices well with the spice mix.
- Heat the mustard oil on a griddle and shallow-fry the eggplant slices till golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.