Avocado Raita is the Indian version of guacamole and tastes yummy with just about anything you serve it with. Turn up the heat by adding more red chilli powder and chopped green chillies!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium sized onion chopped very fine
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped very fine
- 1 green chilli chopped very fine
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tso cumin powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leave
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh, unsweetened yogurt - whisked till smooth
- Salt to taste
- Remove the flesh and seed from the avocados and put into a mixing bowl. Mash till almost smooth.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, all the spices and the lemon juice and chopped coriander. Mix till all ingredients are blended.
- Add the yogurt, salt to taste and stir to blend with avocado mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator and serve.