Hara Bhara Aaloo is easy to cook and looks like you labored over it. It tastes great with freshly made, hot Chapatis!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 kg/ 1 lb (approx) baby potatoes
- 300 ml unsweetened yogurt
- 6 tbsps sour cream
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cups chopped fresh green coriander
- 3 tbsps chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies (optional)
- Peel the potatoes, wash and pat dry with paper towels and prick each one with a fork. Keep aside for later use.
- Put the yogurt, sour cream, ginger and garlic pastes, coriander, mint, spice powders and salt in a blender and puree.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and green chillies and cook till the spluttering stops. Now add the pureed yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes are tender. Check occasionally and stir to ensure the sauce does not scorch. When done, stir and turn off heat.
- Serve piping hot with fresh Chapatis!