Indo Chinese or Chindian food is a product of the huge Chinese community that lives in India. The delicious flavors of their food have been taken and adapted to the Indian palate. This easy recipe uses previously prepared Indo Chinese Szechuan Sauce that can be made ahead and stored in your fridge for future use. Chinese Bhel is a delicious snack that is wholesome enough to be eaten as a meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 250 gms wheat noodles
- Canola/ sunflower/ vegetable cooking oil to deep fry the noodles (I use a deep fryer)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup cabbage sliced very fine
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced capsicum
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Indo Chinese Szechuan Sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat a deep pot of water till boiling. Add a tbsp of salt to it and then add the noodles. Boil till almost done and remove from the water. Drain well and lay out on a platter to cool and dry.
- Heat the cooking oil to deep fry the noodles. Deep fry till pale golden and crispy. Remove from oil, drain and keep aside on paper towels till cool.
- Take a large mixing bowl and crush the fried noodles in it coarsely. Add all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Serve immediately or the Chinese Bhel will get soggy.