- 3 cups whole milk powder/ full cream milk powder/ full fat milk powder
- 300 ml thickened/ double/ thick/ heavy cream
- 1 can evaporated milk (375 ml)
- Put all three ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl. Whisk till smooth and creamy.
- Cook on High in a microwave for 6 minutes. Watch the dish carefully and if the mixture looks like it might boil over, stop immediately and wait for 8-10 seconds. Start again and run till the 6-minute time is up.
- Take the dish out of the microwave and stir well to break all lumps (these lumps are the milk solids that are beginning to form due to the cooking).
- Put the dish back in the microwave and set again on High for 6 minutes. Watch for the initial minute and then allow to continue cooking. When the time is up, let the dish rest for 10-15 minutes.
- The Khoya is now ready and can be used as required!
Important: This time and High setting suggestion is for a 900-watt microwave. Please adjust timing and setting to suit the wattage of your microwave.