- Equal quantities of: Plain Saunf/ Aniseed
- Chuara supari (Supari - pronounced soo-paa-ree - made from dried dates) OR Sugar Candy
- Dhania dal (the core of a coriander seed)
- Sesame seeds Betel nut slivers
- And: A few drops red food color
- A few drops green food color
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
In this recipe, I usually use either the Chuara Supari or the Sugar Candy - NEVER both - the Mukhwas will end up too sweet if both are used.
- Heat a flat pan on a medium flame till hot.
- Roast the Aniseed till mildly aromatic and slightly darker. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Repeat the roasting procedure with the Dhania Dal and the Sesame seeds.
- Put the sesame seeds in a flat plate and add the drops of red food color to them. Mix well till all the seeds are coated. Keep aside and allow to dry fully.
- Do the same with the Dhania Dal and the green food color.
- Now put all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Consume within 2 weeks.