Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 cups full cream milk powder
- 300 ml thickened/ double/ heavy cream
- 1 400 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped skinless pistachios
- Mix all the ingredients (except the nuts) in a rectangular microwave safe bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and set the time for 6 minutes on the High setting. Start and run the microwave. Watch the dish carefully and if the mixture looks like it might boil over, stop immediately and wait for 8-10 seconds. Start again and run till the 6-minute time is up.
- Take the dish out of the microwave and stir well to break all lumps (these lumps are the milk solids that are beginning to form due to the cooking).
- Put the dish back in the microwave and set again on High for 6 minutes. Watch for the initial minute and then allow to continue cooking. When the time is up, sprinkle the chopped nuts over the surface of the Barfi and let sit/ rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove from the microwave and cut into 2 to 2 1/2-inch squares. Serve immediately or after cooling to room temprature.
Important: This time and High setting suggestion is for a 900-watt microwave. Adjust timing and setting to suit the wattage of your microwave.