I used to make these delicious Easter Eggs as a kid so you can imagine the recipe is pretty simple! You need to make them ahead so factor in the extra time required. This recipe makes 3-4 medium-sized eggs.
Prep Time: 24 hours
Total Time: 24 hours
- 30 digestive/ arrowroot biscuits
- 6 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 tbsps caster sugar
- 100gms unsalted butter
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 tbsps brandy (optional)
- 1 cup tiny white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped wlanuts or pecans
- Easter egg molds
- Cling wrap
- Crush the digestive biscuits into a fine powder. You can do this in a food processor or by hand. Keep aside.
- Mix the cocoa, essence and sugar in a large bowl and blend. Add the butter, biscuit powder, egg yolks, brandy, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Mix to blend all ingredients well and get a smooth, pliant dough.
- Line the Easter Egg molds with cling warp and spoon in enough of the dough you prepared, to fill each half of the mold. Now press the 2 halves together. Wrap the whole mold with another piece of cling wrap and put on a plate. Make the other eggs in a similar fashion and keep in the fridge overnight to set.
- Unmold, wrap in colored foil and they're ready to serve or gift to someone special!