You can make these just as easily from scratch as with any leftover veggie dish. They're also a great snack!
- 1 cup mixed veggies (you can also use any leftover mixed veggies)
- 4-5 large potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed well
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- Vegetable/ canola/sunflower cooking oil to shallow fry cutlets
- Mash the veggies and mix with the mashed, boiled potatoes to make a smooth, firm mix.
- Season with salt and red chilli flakes (made by gently roasting and then coarsely grinding dry red chillies) to taste.
- Form the mix into patties and shallow fry till crispy and golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with Tamarind Chutney and Mint-Coriander Chutney.