Thukpa is traditionally eaten with Steamed Momos (wontons). This clear, mildly flavored soup is served over egg noodles.
- 1 litre chicken/beef stock
- 1/2 packet egg noodles
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 spring onions with leaves chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- Coriander leaves chopped fine to garnish
- Cook the egg noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and run cold water over them to prevent them from sticking together. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the spring onions and leaves in it till soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute
- Add the stock, salt to taste and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour the eggs into the soup whisking all the while to break them up. Turn off the fire.
- Put some noodles in a soup bowl and spoon the broth over them.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with Steamed Momos and Sikkim Tomato Achaar.