This simple recipe uses fragrant dill to create a cooling side dish to serve with a Pilaf (or Pulao - rice dish). It is really easy to make.
- 1 cup fresh (not sour) yogurt whisked till smooth
- 1 small bunch fresh dill weed/ sowa/ suva/ shepoo chopped fine (approximately 50 gms)
- 1 large cucumber chopped into 1"cubes (remove seeds only if preferred)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala (available at most Indian grocery stores)
- A pinch of red chilli powder (optional)
- Mix the yogurt, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well to blend completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to blend.
- Chill for a few hours and serve.