Kachumbar is such an easy and tasty salad and can be put together in next to no time. It goes with so many different dishes and is perfect for when you want to eat some veggies but just can't be bothered cooking them. Kachumbar tastes delicious when served as a chunky 'dip' with freshly roasted or fried poppadums!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 small/ 1 large onions chopped very fine
- 3 tomatoes chopped very fine
- 1 large cucumber chopped very fine
- 2 green chillies chopped very fine
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves chopped very fine (approximately 50 gms/ 0.10 lbs)
- Juice of 1 lemon/ 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Preparation:Mix all the vegetables together in a large salad bowl and chill.
In a small bottle (must have a tighly-fitting cover), mix the lime/lemon juice, oil, salt, sugar and chilli powder. Put the lid on and shake the bottle well to mix all the ingredients in it and dissolve the sugar.
Pour the dressing over the salad just before you are ready to eat. Mix well and serve.