From West Bengal, Deemer Patudi uses the state's signature ingredient - mustard. It goes well with plain boiled rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled and partially slit in the centre
- 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 tsps hot mustard paste
- 2 fresh green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Banana leaves to wrap
- Grind the coconut, mustard and green chillies into a paste.
- Add the mustard oil, salt and sugar to this paste.
- Gently add the eggs to this paste and coat well.
- Wash and dry the banana leaves and lay out on a flat surface.
- Put the entire egg and coconut mix onto the leaf and fold the leaf into a bundle to cover it completely. Tie securely with string.
- Steam the parcel in a vegetable steamer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice.