Curd Rice is truly comfort food! Of South Indian origin, it tastes great with just a pickle or chutney and also with a daal (lentils) or meat dish.
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup sour yogurt
- 5-6 urry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 dry red chillies
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash the rice well and put in a pressure cooker with the water. Cook till done - cook first on a hig flame till you hear the first whistle, then simmer and allow 1 more whistle. Keep aside for an hour or two.
- Mix the yogurt in the rice and add salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies. Cook till the chillies are almost black.
- Add this mix to the rice and stir well.
- Serve with a pickle or chutney.