Well known and popular Indian foods...
- Rice and Bread Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Chicken & Pork Recipes
- Fish & Seafood Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Masala & Sauce Recipes
- Side Dish & Salad Recipes
- Pickle & Chutney Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Sweet & Dessert Recipes
Recipes for when you have an attack of the nibbles or want to whet your appetite!
Rice and Bread Recipes
From Chapati to Naan and Dosas to Biryani, find them here!
- How to Make Chapati - Indian Flatbread
- Naan - Leavened Tandoor-Baked Indian flatbread
- How to Make Paratha - Pan-fried Indian Flatbread
- Poori - Deep Fried Flatbread
- Aaloo Paratha - Potato Paratha
- Mughlai Paratha
- Kheema Paratha - Minced Meat Paratha
- Daal Paratha - Lentil Paratha
- Appams - Rice Pancakes
- How to Make Dosa - South Indian Crispy Rice Pancakes
- Sannas - Western Indian Steamed Rice Cakes
- Idli - Steamed South Indian Rice Cakes
- Yakhni Pulao
- Mughlai Biryani
While most Hindus abstain from beef, both lamb and beef are still very popular with lots of Indians.
Chicken & Pork Recipes
No matter where in the world you live, you can order out Butter Chicken these days! Pork though not eaten by everybody (mostly for religious reasons), is still well-loved and deliciously prepared in many parts of India.
- Butter Chicken
- Tandoori Chicken
- Chicken Tikka - Grilled Chicken Chunks
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Burmese Khow Suey Indian Style
- Mughlai Chicken
- Chicken Dhansak - Parsi Chicken with Lentils
- Chettinad Chicken
- Chicken Cafreal - Goan Fried Chicken
- Reshmi Kabab
- Pork Chops
- Sorpatel - Spicy Goan Pork Curry
- Pork Vindaloo - Hot & Sour Goan Pork Curry
Fish & Seafood Recipes
In India's coastal areas, fish and seafood are hot favourites - fried, curried and sometimes even pickled. Families often get to the fish market as early as they can for the fresh catch of the day.
Not only does India have a dazzling array of fresh vegetables, each region has its own style of cooking them! This makes for mind-boggling variety. Added Bonus? Vegetables, when cooked Indian style, are quick and very easy to prepare!
- Malai Kofta - Vege-balls in Thick Sauce
- Palak Paneer - Cottage Cheese in Thick Spinach Gravy
- Chole - North Indian Chickpea Curry
- Rajma - Red Kidney Bean Curry
- Lobia - Black-eyed Bean Curry
- Sambar - South Indian Lentils
- Sookhi Moong Ki Daal - Dry Moong Lentils
- Shahi Daal - Mixed Lentil Curry
- Masala Daal
- Kaali Daal - Black Lentils
- Lehsuni Daal - Garlic Flavored Lentils
- Daal Bukhara - Bukhara-style Black Lentils
- Navratan Korma - Nine-gem Curry
- Vegetable Kolhapuri - Mixed Vegetables Kolhapur Style
- Shahi Baingan - Eggplant Curry with Dried Fruit
- Mirchi Ka Saalan - Hot-sour Green Peppers
- Sarson Ka Saag - North Indian Mustard Greens
- Kashmiri Dum Aaloo
- Pakodi Kadhi - Gram Flour Fritters in Yogurt Gravy
- Mukhmali Kofta - Cheese Balls in Thick Gravy
Masala & Sauce Recipes
They're the heart and soul of any Indian dish. Here's how you make them.
Side Dish & Salad Recipes
They play supporting actor to the main course dish. Things wouldn't be the same without sides and salads.
Pickle & Chutney Recipes
Pickles and chutneys in India range from spicy to sweet and soft to crispy. They're the perfect partner for a well made meal and a 'perker-upper' for a not so perfect one!
- Aam Ka Achaar - Mango Pickle
- Nimboo Ka Achaar - Lime Pickle
- Bharvaan Laal Mirchi Ka Achaar - Stuffed red Chilli Pickle
- Andhra Tomato Pickle
- Fresh Prawn Pickle
They cool you down when things get hot or warm you up when the temperatures drop. From chai to panna and nimbu pani to filter coffee, learn how to make some favourite Indian beverages.
- Summer Drink Recipes
- Masala Chai - Spiced Tea
- Mango Lassi - Flavored Yogurt Drink
- Kayree Panha - Raw Mango Drink
- Chatpata Nimboo Pani - Spiced Lemonade
- Namkin Khira Lassi - Savory Cucumber Lassi
- Gulab Ka Sharbat - Rose Cordial
- Badam Milk - Almond Milk
Sweet & Dessert Recipes
Most Indians will confess to having a sweet-tooth. Can you blame them? The delicious variety available is too much to resist!
- Top Bengali Sweets
- Top North Indian Sweets
- Gulab Jamun
- Kheer - Rice Pudding
- Ras Malai - Cottage Cheese Balls in Thickened Milk
- Gaajar Ka Halwa - Carrot Pudding
- Sitaphal Ice Cream - Custard Apple Ice Cream