Hot and tangy, this dish is from the heart of beautiful Goa on India's western coast. Eat it with plain boiled rice or Jeera Rice and a leafy green salad.
- 1 kg pork cut into 1" cubes with all the fat removed
- 8 tbsps Vindaloo Masala paste
- 2 large onions chopped fine
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp palm/brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2" stick of cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Coat the pork well with the vindaloo masala paste. Allow it to marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions till golden. Add the ginger paste, cinnamon and cloves and fry for a minute.
- Add the palm sugar and stir well.
- Add the meat only (leave behind marinade paste/liquid for later) and brown well.
- Add the paste/liquid that the meat was marinated in, now. Add a cup of water and salt to taste.
- Stir well, reduce flame and cook till pork is tender.
- Serve with plain boiled rice or Jeera Rice.