This simple, hot and tangy curry is delicious! For me, it brings back happy memories of childhood family holidays to Goa. We would often eat this curry at road side stalls or beach shacks. It is so easy to make and tastes great with plain boiled rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6 people
- 1 kg/ 2 lbs (approx) Goa Sausage, remove the meat from the skin
- 4 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 2 large tomatoes chopped fine
- 3 green chillies
- 1 cup hot water
- Salt to taste
- Pour the cooking oil into a wok or deep, heavy bottomed cooking pot. Heat on medium heat till oil is hot. Now add the potato cubes and fry, stirring often, till golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside on paper towels to drain.
- In the same wok/ pot, add the sliced onions and fry till translucent. Stir often.
- Now add the tomatoes and green chillies and fry till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the hot water, salt to taste and stir well. Bring water to a boil.
- Now add the sausage meat and the fried potatoes. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve curry with piping hot, plain boiled rice.