This basic chutney is perfect for using as a dipping sauce with cutlets and samosas or to serve with main course dishes like biryani.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch fresh mint (approximately 100 gms/ 0.22 lbs)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (approximately 100 gms/ 0.22 lbs)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1" piece of ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps lime juice
- Cut off roots from the coriander and any thick stalks from the mint and discard. You should now have enough coriander and mint to loosely fill 1 1/2 to 2 cups with each of them.
- Peel garlic and ginger and remove stalks from green chillies. Wash all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Grind all the ingredients (including the salt which you can add more of later to suit your taste) into a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Chill and serve.