From the state of Maharashtra, this dry chutney is often eaten over plain boiled rice with ghee drizzled over it. Some of its primary ingredients are coconut and peanuts which are found in abundance in this state.
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts coarsely ground
- 1 full head of garlic (15-20 cloves)
- 2 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Roast the coconut on a low fire till it begins to turn golden.
- Roast the sesame seeds in the same way.
- Mix all the ingredients except the peanuts together and grind in a food processor.
- When done add the peanuts and mix well. Season with salt.