This masala is perfect as a base for fish and chicken curries. My favourite green masala dish? Fish marinated in green masala, then wrapped in banana leaves and steamed!
- 2 big bunches of coriander (approximately 250 gms/ 1/4 lbs), roots removed
- 1 bunch of mint leaves (approximately 100 gms/ 0.22 lbs)
- 1 large pod of garlic (10-15 cloves)
- 3" piece of fresh ginger
- Green chillies to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 sticks of cinnamon (2" each)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 6 cloves
- Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Add water only if required to facilitate grinding.
- This recipe makes approximately 2 cups of masala.