This pan-fried kabab can be made with lamb or beef but tastes best when made with the former. Serve it with Mint-Coriander Chutney.
- 500 gms lamb mince
- 75 gms chana daal (large split yellow lentil)
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsps ginger paste
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil or ghee to shallow fry
- Boil all the ingredients together in 2 cups of water (approximately). Boil until the lentils are completely mashed and the mince is cooked. If the water dries up before the daal and mince are cooked as required, add some more water. If after the daal and mince are cooked, you have water left over, cook further till all the water is dried up.
- Grind the resulting mix into a thick paste in your food processor.
- Shape into patties.
- Heat the cooking oil/ghee on a heavy-bottomed skillet and shallow fry the kababs till golden on both sides.
- Cool on paper towels. Serve hot with Mint-Coriander Chutney.