Just one of the many delicious kababs that are the mainstay of Awadhi cuisine from Lucknow in North Indian Uttar Pradesh. Try this melt-in-your-mouth kabab with Mint-Coriander chutney.
- 1 kg lamb very finely minced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps raw papaya paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp mace powder
- 4 tbsps bengal gram flour, lightly roasted
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps oil/ghee to fry the kababs
- Add all the ingredients (except the ghee) to the lamb mince and mix well.
- Refrigerate the whole mix for 1 hour.
- Remove the mix from the refrigerator and form into patties.
- Heat the ghee on a heavy-bottomed skillet (on a medium flame) and fry the kababs till golden on both sides.
- Cool on paper towels. Serve with Mint-Coriander Chutney.