Serve these delicious, golden, crispy fried prawns with Mint-Coriander Chutney.
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 20 king prawns
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 green chillies chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 gms bread crumbs
- 250 gms rawa (semolina)
- Vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Clean the prawns, devein and wash. Keep the tail on. Pat dry.
- Mix the ginger garlic, green chillies, lemon juice, salt and pepper together and marinate the prawns in this mix for 3-4 hours.
- Mix the flour and egg together in a bowl and blend to remove any lumps.
- Mix the bread crumbs and rawa (semolina) together in a flat plate.
- Dip the prawns in the batter, then roll in bread crumb-semolina mix to coat nicely and deep fry till golden.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and serve with Mint-Coriander Chutney.