This delicious fried fish recipe is from Goa and uses the special Raechad masala. The sharp, fiery taste of the masala and the strong flavour of the mackarel go well together.
- 4 medium-sized mackarels scales and innards removed
- 6 tbsps of Raechad Masala paste
- Vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil to shallow fry
- Salt to taste
- Make shallow slits on the surface of the fish with a sharp knife.
- Rub the Raechad Masala paste on the surface and also stuff it inside each fish. Sprinkle salt if needed.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan to shallow fry the fish and cook till crisp on the outside.
- Serve with plain boiled rice and daal (lentils).