In India, all foods are believed to be either heat-giving or cooling. Thandai is a North-Indian drink made especially when the hot, dry summer winds blow through the region leaving everything and everybody parched. This thirst-quencher is tasty and cooling. The recipe below makes 6 glasses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 litre milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 30 almonds blanched
- 6 tsps whole pumpkin/sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tsps rose water (optional)
- Crushed ice
- Rose petals to garnish
- Grind the almonds, sunflower/pumpkin seeds, cardamom powder and rose water into a fine paste in a food processor.
- Add the milk, condensed milk and crushed ice to the paste and blend well.
- Strain the drink through a fine seive or muslin and serve in glasses, granished with rose petals.