Made with fresh raw mangoes, abundant in the summer months, Kayree (raw mango) Panha is from the state of Maharashtra in Western India. It is a sweet-sour-spicy drink! This recipe makes 6 tall glasses.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 medium-sized raw green mangoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground black rock salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsps Aniseed/fennel seeds ground coarsely
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds roasted and ground coarsely
- Chilled water
- Crushed ice
- Sprigs of mint to garnish
- Wash, peel and grate the raw mangoes. Mix the mangoes, sugar and water in a deep saucepan and boil till the mangoes are soft.
- Put this mixture into a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Put the blended mix back into the saucepan and on a medium flame.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take off from the fire and allow to cool completely.
- Pour into glasses, dilute with a little chilled water if needed, mix well and add crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.