A delicious twist on tea, warm yourself with this easy-to-do drink on a cold day. The recipe serves 2 people.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup water
- I cup full-cream milk (you can use low-fat milk but full-cream tastes best)
- 3 tsps tea-leaves (use strong teas like Assam, Darjeeling, Nilgiri or Ceylon)
- 1"piece of dry ginger
- 2-3 cardamom pods split open
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp aniseed/ fennel
- Sugar to taste
- Grind all the spices together coarsely in a coffee grinder and set aside.
- Mix the milk and water in a deep pan and bring to a boil on a high flame.
- As the milk/water mixture begins to rise to a boil add the spice mixture and reduce the flame to a simmer.
- When the milk/water rises to a boil again add the tea leaves, allow to rise and then turn the flame off.
- Cover the tea and allow it to brew for 2 minutes.
- Filter through a strainer, add sugar and enjoy!