Ever thought you could make omlettes into a curry? Yes, you can! Here's an easy recipe.
- 1 Pyaaz-Tamaatar Ka Omelette (see recipe below)
- 5 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 medium sized onion cut into quarters
- 3 medium sized tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 2 tsps ginger paste
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Prepare all ingredients for the Pyaaz-Tamatar Ka Omlette and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of the cooking oil in a deep pan and when hot, add the onions. Fry till slightly golden. Turn off the fire. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the pan and put them in a food processor. Grind the onions, tomatoes, green chillies into a smooth paste. Try not to add water while grinding, if possible.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the paste you just made to it when it is hot. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the ginger and garlic pastes, all the dry spices, mix and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala (onion-tomato-spice mix).
- Now add 2 cups of warm water to this masala and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- While the gravy is coming to a boil, make the Pyaaz-Tamatar Ka Omlette and keep aside.
- Add the slices of Omlette gently to the gravy. Simmer the flame and cook for 10 minutes or till the gravy is thickened/ reduced to about 3/4 of the original quantity (when you added the water). Gently shake the pan occasionally to move the gravy around.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and a vegetable side dish.