Healthy and yummy all in one neat little package! What more can you ask for? Serve Methi Parathas with chilled yogurt and a pickle of your choice.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves washed and patted dry
- 5 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Put the flour, fenugreek, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, cumin seeds, turmeric and red chilli powders and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, a little at a time to this mixture, and knead to form a medium-soft, smooth dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a circle of 7-8" diameter (5-6mm thick). For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of the remaining oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with chilled yogurt and your favorite pickle or chutney.