Roti (flatbread) is coated in egg and fried to make this tasty dish. Fill Baida Roti with anything you like!
- 4 leftover Chapatis (see recipe below)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Filling of your choice
- Heat a griddle or flat pan on a medium flame.
- Whisk one egg at a time adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the pan with some oil. Pour half the egg on the pan and swirl as if making an omlette.
- Place the Chapati on top of the egg and flip after 30 seconds.
- Pour the remaining whisked egg onto the chapati and spread so the entire surface is covered. Drizzle with oil and flip again.
- Cook till both sides are done.
- Repeat till all the egg and chapati is used up.
- Make the Baida Roti into a roll and serve with Mint-Coriander Chutney as a dipping sauce. You can fill Baida Roti with shredded Cheddar cheese, Paneer (cottage cheese), Kheema Masala (spicy minced meat) or any other dry filling of your choice.