Everyone in my home loves Chilli so much, I decide to create and Indian version of my own, just for fun. This is my version of Chilli! It will feed at least 4 people. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 kg minced beef
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed under running water
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped fine
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 2 tsps ginger paste
- 2 large tomatoes chopped into 1" cubes
- 2 fresh green chillies chopped fine
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafetida
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds. When they stop sizzling, add the onion and fry till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the minced beef. Stir and cook till browned slightly.
- Now add the red kidney beans, 3 cups of warm water, asafetida, salt to taste and cook till beans are very soft (aproximately 10 minutes). Turn off the heat.
- Mash some of the beans roughly (this thickens the gravy) with the back of your cooking spoon.
- Garnish with coriander and serve piping hot with plain boiled rice and Kachumbar salad and a pickle of your choice.